All 29 art Reviews

Monstrous Predator Monstrous Predator

Ambitious

Best of luck man. That's some dedication. Probably emerge with some major improvements. I look forward to seeing you evolve over the year.

J-qb responds:

Thanks, I certainly do hope I'll improve from this, that's basically the goal.

Adieu. Adieu.

Fantastic

This is fantastic work Kuoke. Really stunning. Great use of Color and lighting. Has a really good balance to it.

The stars are a little too evenly spaced, and the ones that have the sparkle are mstly on one plane.

Also the right hand looks odd. I'd rework it if you can. Otherwise dandy of a piece.

Shiia Shiia

Great piece

Playful. Great sense of color. Playful and fun. Composed really well. The only reason you didn't get a ten is that without a background it doesn't really feel complete. The board and dragonfly hint at a setting that feels missing. I favorited.

Katie Katie

Don't get me wrong.

Don't get me wrong. It's a great piece. It's really well done. But it does rest in an uncomfortable place between formally realistic, and exaggerated. And I think it would behoove you not to dismiss the critics who point out that the anatomy is off. Not because they are right, I can see you intended to exaggerate, but because I can only see that you have skill enough to know better. Not because I can see the intent of exaggeration in the piece. Maybe if we knew who this person was. But right now the only aspects (without having seen your subject) that are outside the realm of physical possibility are the eyes and neck. That's not enough to firmly establish exaggeration for me.

It's The Flood!!! 3 It's The Flood!!! 3

Nice work Kash

It is exactly what it intends to be. Simple and funny. The coloring works really well. The light seems natural. The coloring while more formal than I would expect, works really well. This is a damn fine thing. Congrats.

Water Lady Water Lady

reeaallly good

The coloring is perfect. It's nicely balanced. And it moves well. Colors are bold and evocative. But then again they always are in your pieces. The transition from her legs to water is a little abrupt. And the anatomy is a little off. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with the liquify tool. If you catch me on stick cam sometime I could be more specific.

ImpendingRiot responds:

Thanks man, will do. In fact, I've caught you right now

Deep sea lurker Deep sea lurker

It's really good.

Damn good. think it's the best I've seen from you. The composition could use a little work. It's a little static. Everything is on one depth, and it's a straight profile view. Could be a little more dynamic. But the rendering, lighting, color, and texture are spot on. Well done.

Havegum responds:

Thanks for saying that! I don't really like it myself, I was actually debating even sticking it in the art portal.
Looking at it in retrospective, I'd say it's too messy, and that the colors don't make sense at some spots. Thanks for the review though!
Happy friday flood!

Loloctopus Loloctopus

It was good in WIP

And it's good now. The only thing that bothers me is that it's so balanced in some ways that I want to make it completely symmetrical. For me, it kinda rests in a uneasy place. We have a center focus, but then our eyes aren't sure where to go next.

Fifty-50 responds:

Yeah, thanks for the crit occluded! I know it very confusing looking at the pic. I have been troubled by this ever since I started coloring it. But I said what the heck, it couldn't be that bad. But I was wrong.

9th and Hennepin 9th and Hennepin

Nice work Aigis

I think you're spot on with the mood here. It's hard to verbalize, but the emotion it evokes is unambiguous. Her right shoulder (on the left as we look at it) feels a little off, and I wish she had a mouth. But all in all it's a damn fine piece. I really like it. Even the simplified water drops. It feels effortless.

Friday Flood #3! Friday Flood #3!

Awesome

It really is. I have nothing for you as far as critique. It's awesome.